panel flanging

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: panel flanging
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 18:46:57 GMT
Hi all, I'm about to start doing my panel replacements tomorrow, with the
nibbler and flanger I ended up getting from Eastwood. (I would have been
doing it today, but that "You asked for it you got it" car needed its
second starter in as many years).

The question is this: When replacing panels, it seems one could either
flange the replacement panel and put the edge under the original, or flange
the panel on the car and then lay the replacement panel on top of that
flanged edge. Is there a preferred way of doing it, and why? Thanks. (Where
are you, Bryce?)

Nevin