RE: Alabama Titles

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alabama Titles
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:24:29 -0500
Illinois has a law that requires the title that is turned in to have the
mileage listed on it. That way it is supposed to prevent odometer turnbacks.
I bought a car with the odometer turned back and traced the title to
Alabama. At the time, if the car left the state, all state registration
records for the car were destroyed. It was a great way to get a clean title
for a car with a turned back odometer.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I would be highly suspicious of
any car or seller that had to launder a title through another state.

Sadder, but wiser,

Jack