Fitting new rt. Fender on '70 BGT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fitting new rt. Fender on '70 BGT
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:29:51 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Netters,

I finally got around to removing the collision damaged  right front fender
and trying to fit the new fender to my MGB-gt (1970).

The problem that I have is getting the two bolts whose heads are inside
the passenger compartment into the new fender. Unlike the left hand side,
where you can remove some switches and gauges to get at the corresponding
bolts over there, I have to snake my hand in behind the dashboard and try
to get this bolt in by feel, and it's not happening. Have any of you any
suggestions or tricks that might help me with this? I don't want to pull
the dash if I don't have to, but because there is no glove comparment to
remove and give me access in the 1970 car I don't know how else I can do
this. I'm still sore this morning from the hours of unsuccessfull
contortions I endured yesterday trying to get these bolts in place. Once I
do, the fender should snug up quite well and I can get the thing painted
and back on the road!

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin, Assistant Research Entomologist
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521