Re: Re:Hot Coil

To: <Nferre@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re:Hot Coil
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:56:37 +0100
Have you got a parallel entity called Erik?  He asked exactly the same
question.  Like I said the last time, a 12v coil shouldn't have an external
ballast.  If it does have one it will probably adversely affect the quality
of the spark.  It will also make the coil run cooler than normal since it
will reduce the voltage at the coil to 9v or so.  If you were running a 6v
coil *without* a ballast through, that would be another problem altogether,
including hot coil and probably burnt points.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/