RE: Screw Extractor

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Screw Extractor
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:07:05 -0600
I had the same problem last year when I snapped a bolt on my heater control
valve.  If you go the extractor route, just make sure it works.  I snapped
one off trying to get the bolt out, and most machine shops won't touch it if
an extractor is in it.  When I would call machine shops and ask if they
would remove a bolt, the first thing out of their mouths was "Does it have
an extractor broken off in it?"(obviously they get this call all the time).
Then they told me they couldn't help me.  The one shop that would take it
out charged me 50 bucks.

John Miller
76 MGB