RE: A little cash raising for a poor GT (fwd)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A little cash raising for a poor GT (fwd)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:44:21 -0700
john peloquin had this to say:

>[snip]...I happen to have a Smiths RVI240/100A
>POSITIVE earth Tach for I believe to be an earlier than my model
>MGB. This gauge is 4 inches in diameter and has a light for the ingnition
>within it. I think this is the gauge for your year, perhaps some of the
>other listers can confirm it.

I don't know what the context of this exchange was, but yes, I can
confirm that is the tach for a 66 B. I also have the innards of one,
abortively converted to negative ground, sitting around my garage
somewhere. What is actually in the car is the case, face, and needle of
the Smiths with the guts of a $14.95 J.C. Whitney 2-inch electronic tach.
So even if the gauge is a dud it's pretty simple to keep the original
look...

(for shame, for shame!)

--

Max Heim