Re: MGB Front Steering/Suspension

To: "Mike Richardson" <richardson@stones.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Front Steering/Suspension
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:34:53 -0400

> One final question.....what are the pros and cons of getting the lowering
> kit,  and does it make a significant difference to the handling of the car
?
> Anyone tried it ?

I had 1" lowered springs from Moss on the front of my 72 and it practically
drug along on the ground.  Definately not recommended.  I now have the
supposedly "stock" springs on the front, and it's still about 1" lower than
stock.  I plan on raising it back up with either new springs or spacers
depending on what I get in to.

The bottom line is, if you have a chrome bumper car, I don't recommend
lowering it at all unless you plan to race, or you have a bone to pick with
your exhaust system.

=J=