mating transmissions to engines

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mating transmissions to engines
From: Michael Jose <cookie-monster@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:28:23 -0700
Does anyone have any tricks to mating a transmission back to the engine?
We started the swap of engines today, and had to quit because it was
dark and we still couldn't get them together.
tomorrow we will rent a jack, unless I hear better suggestion.
(that is, a transmission jack)
The guys down at The MG Shop were great, they reattached my clutch for
free because I didn't have the alignment tool.  Some free gaskets to go
with the ones I bought, and even a handful of new nuts!
I recommend them in the Phoenix area.
Well, that is enough for tonight... so tired...
get up early to finish the job.
thanks,
mike Jose