Re: A pothole ate my tailpipe

To: Jason Dutt <jason@markerman.com>
Subject: Re: A pothole ate my tailpipe
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:47:31 -0400
The 3 in one header from BritTek seems to place the collector down a bit
lower than the original setup.  I would highly advise both of you to
consult a local exhaust shop.  I had a shop here in Atlanta redo some
exhaust work that had been botched up by another shop.

Something that might interest you guys, since you are interested in
possibly using an aftermarket setup, Ed of Headers by Ed states that
those tube headers should be much smaller than they actually are.  He
states that oversizing those header tubes might look cool, but rob
torque, as common sense might believe.  I am about to leave Atlanta for
home , and I will look up the correct header size for our 100 HP
engines.  As I am recollecting, the header I had on my mostly stock '70
B is good for 200 HP.  Ughh. Bet that is killing a LOT of torque.

Same thinking would apply to the exhaust pipe.  Larger exhaust does not
equal free flowing.  Keep that in mind.

More to follow later.

Jay

--