Paint

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:42:10 -0400
There are no color codes that I know of on the MGB.  From your description,
it sounds like "Bracken" which according to the Moss catalog is a "Muddy
orange".  "Harvest Gold" doesn't look much like any kind of orange.   Could
be "Sandglow" - like my '76 -  except they didn't offer "Sandglow unti l
'76.   Still possible if your's is a very late '75??

Bracken = BLVC 93, Dupont #43275
Sandglow = BLVC 63, Dupont #44565

These color codes ar on pages 68-69 of the current Moss catalog.  Moss
credits Carolyn Robinson & John Twist for compiling the info.

Allen

From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>

>Can anyone help me identify the correct and perhaps the Dupont code for
>my 1975 MGB? It is a butterscotch orangish color but the books say there
>about 3 different shades of yellow and orange. Is the paint code stamped
>anywhere on the car? Is there a plate attached somewhere on the B body
>that correctly identifies the factory color code?
>Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         New Castle, VA 24127