Car Pricing

To: wizardz@maxinter.net
Subject: Car Pricing
From: Simon Matthews <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:57:09 PDT
I can relate personal experience here -- I bought my '74 MGB in Texas for
$2200 in '91.

In '97, I sold the same car in the UK for UK Pounds 2800. In between, I had
incurred shipping charges (approx $1200), plus a significant bill to make
the car pass UK inspection (about UK Pounds 400). The car was not in
particularly good condition.

So, car prices in the UK are higher. I lost money overall on the deal, but
the car provided enjoyable transport at a very cheap rate!

However, I also believe many parts prices are lower in the UK.

Simon