Re: Engine Temp.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Temp.
From: "craig wiper" <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:11:53 -0700
The summer thermostat is set at 160 deg. The normal thermostat's are around
180 to 190 deg. I assume that's well within the temp range for the engine.

My early '74B was getting increasingly hotter over the years. I had the
radiator rodded out. This helped for awhile. Last year I was noticing
steadily rising indicator needle and decided to replace the radiator. I
bought one from The Proper MG for around $189 and ever since I installed it,
my temperature gauge in the MGB has been rock-steady in the center. When it
was very hot here (low 100's F) it still stayed in the center. It was a good
move, buying a NEW radiator.

Craig Wiper
early '74B
craigw@sonic.net