Re: The British Flag

To: nagy@duq.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The British Flag
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:49:47 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/99 3:48:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, nagy@duq.edu
writes:

<< I hate to be the bad guy, but it's the same upside down...

 Tim  >>

I think you may be flipping the flag over by rotating it, as though it were
lying on a table and you left it flat on the table whilst spinning it until
it's upside down.  Then, you are correct, it will be the same.

But...think of the flag as flying on a staff, with holes on one end to attach
it to a halyard.  Now, flip the flag over top to bottom with the holes still
on the same end and reattach it to the halyard.  It is now upside down, and
it is not the same.  Look at where the red stripe is in relation to the wider
white stripe.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport