Leaky B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky B
From: Scott/Michelle <mcjsr@talstar.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:57:04 -0400
Well here in Florida, the summer rains seem to be a bit "monsoonal" at
times. During some of the afternoon downpours the newly installed soft top
on my B has leaked. Now rust being a GREAT enemy, I want to avoid this
sitting moisture. Are there any tips anyone can give me to help stay dry? I
installed the new top on my own, and she is a good snug fit. The water seems
to be running in at the door *of course* there is  a spot where the top
snaps just above and beside the door handles, and this is obviously the
point of entry. I have assessed the situation, and it seems like short of
getting in the car every time it rains, and pushing the fabric to the
window, I will have this problem forever. I also have a wrangler, but it
stays so muddy and wet it doesnt matter, but I would love to keep the new
upholstry smell instead of the mildewy nasties in the B!!
Any tips, or am I just a dreamer?