Re: WANTS INFO ON BUICK 3.8 l ENGINE & AIR CONDITIONING

To: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: WANTS INFO ON BUICK 3.8 l ENGINE & AIR CONDITIONING
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:47:18 -0500
This engine is installed in the GTP model Pontiac Grand Prixs at the General
Motors
Plant where I work.  The engine is set up to be transversely mounted for front
wheel drive using an automatic transmission.  The engine also looks very wide.
You
would be better off putting in a 215 / 3.5 Buick / Rover engine.  In stock form
it
develops 185 Hp and can easily develop 240 Hp with a few tweaks.  This engine is
designed for rear wheel drive and is a lot lighter.

The supercharged 3.8 liter is a great engine though.  It propels my 3500 lb four
door GTP Grand Prix from 0 to 60 in 6.4 seconds and gets better than 26 miles
per
gallon.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO