engine mounts and transmission mounts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: engine mounts and transmission mounts
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 07:28:57 -0400 (EDT)
Here is a question that I need the wisdom of the group to answer. After
installing new engine mounts and transmission mounts on the 77B I have
noticed two things. First the engine sits much higher than it used to.
Even assuming that the old mounts were saging it is still much higher.
Looking through the archives of the BBS I see that some had thought that
engine mounts are off set and putting them in in the wrong direction will
make the engine sit higher. This leads to the second question. The
transmission is slightly off set now with the tail going towards the
right.
I can tell because I can only see two of the tower bolts, the third one is
hidden under the tunnel. It would seem if the engine were lower on the
left side that maybe the transmission tail would shift over and be
straight. No matter how much I push or pull the transmission I can't get
it straight. Any suggestions? Thanks