Valves or carb?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valves or carb?
From: Joanna Adler <joannaadler@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:50:10 -0700
Once again the 'B (79/80 MGB LE) is starting to run rough at idle
although it does fine at higher speeds.  All this after I was just
thinking how nice she was behaving since we'd been to visit Lawrie's
shop...  anyway, it has me wondering if it could *just* be a carb
problem and not a valve adjustment issue.  I had planned to take it in
once I got to Vancouver to have the compressions checked, but now I'm
thinking that I might have to have things checked in Spokane.  Anyone
want to make a recommendation?  I think my car is just doing the
national MG mechanic tour circuit...  (Lawrie gets a wave for being so
nice to take us in with such short notice and after working so hard to
make the NAMGAR event so great!)

As an "onthego" update, I have seen TWO MG's today which beats the other
31 days I've been on the road by TWO.  (And no, I don't count car shows
as sitings.)  Saw the first - a blue CB MGB - while it was traveling
South on highway 97 in Oregon towards Klamoth Falls.  The second - a
beige CB MGB GT - in between Bend, Oregon and Mt. Vernon.  It was
traveling east.

The 'B has now made it over 5800 miles in these 31 days and now I'm
really starting to get a feel for her personality.  I'm pretty sure that
those 5800 miles are more than she was driven in the last couple of
years with her DPO where she sat parked in some fancy garage in San
Francisco.  It's certainly more than the 3000 miles I had put on her in
the six months since getting the car!

The list hat is now in the car and we're slowly making our way towards
Vancouver for the NAMGBR meet.  Hope to see MANY other listers there!

Joanna
79 MGB LE