Re: was cruising tunes - now Sprinting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was cruising tunes - now Sprinting
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:17:16 +0000
Hmmm, the things we do to get the adrenalin and aggression going...

On my way out to the "track" (I debut as boy-racer in August) for driver
training on Saturday I slipped the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack
into my cd player!

Click, click... bang!

Totally politically incorrect but as I haven't seen (and don't
particularly plan to see) the movie, it was just plain creepy.  It did
get the hairs raising on the back of the neck and the pulse up a bit. I
briefly thought about cranking it up on the track... but then... (hey,
besides, I took my rear shelf speakers out before throwing the car
around so it wouldn't have done any good anyway).

So... anyone want to pass on all their modification tips for Sprinting a
currently stock standard '68 'B ???

Any brake pad (new brakes later in the budget) tips... the cardboard
'street' pads were gone by the end of the day???

Oh yeah... I also lost synchro in 2nd and when I did manage to jam it
into 2nd or 3rd they just 'popped' out into neutral under stress - lots
of fun this was!

Crusin' tunes...

"ZZ Top" I would say (and throw in a little SRV to boot)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
"keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel"