RE: Brake Problem

To: "'Chris Cavanaugh'" <chriscav@pdq.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Problem
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:39:49 +0200
Chris,

As you do not mention the type of your MG, I assume there is an obstipation
in the brake line to the rear brakes.

The non-servo dual line system had a separation front-rear.
There may be a blocked line, PWA switch assembly, but most suspect is an
internal leaky master cylinder, where the piston for the rear brake is
damaged.

Easy check is to loosen the outcoming line from the master cylinder to the
PWA and check if the still is little fluid coming out. If so the master
cylinder is defect.
Otherwise there is a block in the lines to the rear brakes somewhere.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT