Re: Danbury, CT

To: wise@db.erau.edu
Subject: Re: Danbury, CT
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:18:51 EDT
John,
  In Milford, it's Bob Wanta, Bob's Foreign Cars, 203-876-2500
  In Terryville, it's Chris Crees, British Auto Service, 860-589-4261
  In Manchester, it's D&J Car Care Center, 860-649-06040
All these are advertisers in the CT MG Club's newsletter. Have him
provide an address and I'll mail a current issue of it to him.
  The "safety" inspection isn't too bad. Most owners find that the
inspectors are reasonable, checking for rust, loose suspension, working
signals & lights, working brakes, horn, wipers--just routine things.
  The emissions testing is arbitrary, capricious, ornery and generally
adminstered by second-generation fascists who, protected by armed State
Police, abuse you and your car with impunity and delight.
  At 25 years, the cars are exempt from further testing and qualify for
antique plates that limit Town taxes.
Bob