Re: That damn oil spot!

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: That damn oil spot!
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:37:07

And at 02:52 PM 6/30/99 -0400, Michael Graziano wrote:
>It's a concrete driveway.

Wet the surface with a little kerosene or gasoline.
  (No open flames here please, physical or emotional).
Scrub momentarily with a stiff bristle brush.
  (This disolves the oil into the solvent).
Put down a moderate amount of powdered laundry detergent.
Add a little water.
Scrub momentarily with stiff bristle brush.
  (This disolves the solvent into the water).
Rinse with lots of water to remove the detergent.

This should leave the surface clean and white, almost like new cement.

If you want to seal the surface. Clean it like this first, then etch with
muriatic acid and rinse with lots of water, let dry completely, and then
apply your favorite sealer, cement stain or cement paint.

Regards,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg