Re: Parts for sale, Tennessee

To: turbo6bar@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts for sale, Tennessee
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 02:55:07 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/99 9:25:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
turbo6bar@hotmail.com writes:

<< have a lot of items that we need to get rid of from the shop.  Any
 reasonable offers accepted.

 Memphis, TN. >>
Jurgen,
     I take this oppurnity to say that I am planning a trip beginning
July,7th.
     I am planning to visit Ok, Tn,Ky, Wv, and possibly In. and Wa. I am
beginning this little jaunt from Ft. Collins, Co.
     I own 4 MG-B's..I am taking my 1976 roadster on this adventure. Before I
leave, I am making a few last minute adjustments to my B.
     I replaced all of the rear wheel brake cylinders,replaced all brake pads
and shoes, replaced brake master cylinder, installed new alloy wheels fitted
with new Dunlop 185x70 tyres, fitted new cloth seats,vaccuumed the carpet,
and am in the prosess of painting the car.
     I have spent the last two days stripping some 4 layers of goopy paint
from the entire outter shell..Tomorrow, I believe I will have the body
sufficiently prepped for the primer coats and the initial 400 grit surface
prep.  If all goes well, I will have Sat. to shoot the outter shell a new
coat or two of Citron ..original colour that this car has been since new. It
is a funny yellow colour, but i am used to it after living with the faded
colour for six years.
     My route wibe I-25 to Denver,I-70 to Salina Ks., I-35 to Ok. City, I-40
to Memphis, Tn., I-40 to Nashville, I-65 to Louisville,Ky., I-64 to
Lexington, I-64 to Charleston,Wv., and after that..who knows...
     Oh, I almost forgot...My 76 B also recieved a fine O/D transmission,
complements of my  1974 roadster, and a new speedo cable, complements of
Moss.
     The paint supplies came up to nearly $300.00.  The body prep for the
strip and prime has been in progress for about 20 hours.  Paint will take
another 7 to 8 hours..then I have to assemble all the bits that I took off in
order to paint the little dear.  Did someone say painting costs a lot at a
shop???I wonder why???hehe.
      All of the above prep was done to a fine daily driver in good
mechanical condition..I drive this B about 1200 miles per month locally.
     Now, if I can carry enough cold drwater to get me through the 100 + deg
days of Ok, Tn, and Ky., I should do well enough.
     If anyone is along my route and would like to make contact, please feel
free to e- mail me at H4Aardvrk@aol.com.  Side trips are going to be the
order of the day on this road trip.
     So, tomorrow is another day of painting fun in the sun..Good night
all..:-)
yours, H4(Howard)
1974MG-Bgt
1974 MG-B roadster