Need stuff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need stuff
From: "Alan Claffie" <aclaffie@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 08:01:24 PDT
My derelict '71 MGB is finally heading back to the road after a few years of
extended winter storage. This car was an $850 special bought in '87 that has
miraculously lasted this long with the engine having been rebuilt twice,
both rear springs broken, the floor being patched at least twice, etc etc.

Part of scaring the car back into allegedly roadworthy shape included
redoing both back brakes and handbrake as well as other questionably safe
procedures.

My bored retiree father made the mistake of volunteering to replace the
rockers and bashed trunk lid, smooth the zillions of other dings and lay a
new coat of that funny medium/dark blue supposedly used only in '71.

The car has a very good roof on it, but my dad wants it back (it came off
his similar '71 that's coming out of storage this week).

So, I need a roof. It doesn't have to be a very good roof, but something
fairly water-tight. Opaque windows are OK - if I'm going to be in this car,
it's going to be top-down only.

More importantly, I also need a tonneau cover with headrest pockets. This
will have to be more weatherproof than the requested roof above as it will
be the main protector of the interior when this car is not in use.

Considering the age and condition of this lovable derelict, used parts are
preferred.