Re: MG Sightings - Chicago now Sydney

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG Sightings - Chicago now Sydney
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:54:48 +1000
Eric,

> Now Sydney would be a little different.  That city requires a
> forcefulness and aggression that maybe you couldn't pull off in a little

Heh. <G> Yeah it gets worse all the time. I show 'em a thing or two in the
MGA. I think they realise I can't see out of my severely frosted windows so
they tend to get out of my way a lot faster than normal. I have submitted
and actually put the roof up at night now. Too cold even for me. <G> I also
love surprising people who think 'there's a nice old (see slow) car',
especially when you blow them off exiting a toll booth or something. :) My A
can foot it with most Jap boxes, not bad for a 40yr old car. First gear is
always a surprise it seems to be pretty long legged compared to some modern
cars.

> are silly if you go into Sydney expecting to find curbside parking
> anyway :-)

Whats that? I spend $22.00 a day parking and $14.00 if I get in for
Earlybird rates (which never happens <G>) but at least I get to see the
Harbour Bridge and the Opera House every morning. ;) BTW I went to the
100,000+ seater Stadium Australia for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
Amazing place, anyone from o/s coming down for the Olympics next year will
be impressed I think. Sucks for watching Rugby tho. :( Too big!

Cheers,
Neil.