Re: Canvas Tops

To: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Canvas Tops
From: "Jason" <new_racing_green@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:44:23 -0700
I have a canvas top on my 79 B, and I love it. It is very tough, at least
tougher that the vinyl top I had on my other convertable (not an LBC.)I live
in the desert south west, so I see more beating sun and high temps than most
places and it has held up VERY well. It fits great, holds it shape well and
looks awesome. I've had more complements on the top than any other part of
the car.
I can't comment on rain as it only rains 2 or 3 times per year here, but it
doesn't soak through when I wash it, and I use a pressure washer.
Overall, I recomend a canvas top if you're not into strict originallity.
Make sure you keep it clean (mild soap and rinse well,) and leave the top up
untill it is completely dry.

Jason