Re: MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s

To: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 21:58:17 -0700
Hey Guys:

I'm glad that I started a new thread, without too much controversy!!

I typically have 3-4 requests per week for o/d trannies for Bs from my
website (www.britishpartsandcars.com).  When I have a complete and
functional used LH overdrive transmission, I get $450.00, including the
driveshaft.  Buyer pays the shipping.  But I have not come across ANY o/d
units, other than a MGC o/d transmission that is complete.  But the C is
not interchangeable with a B, fewer Cs are on the road (most already have
o/d units installed), so the C o/d unit sits on the shelf waiting for a new
home!

I have talked with Glen Towery in DE who sells a complete kit (including
the 280Z 5 speed transmission), but I don't have the $1100 for his kit just
yet.

Has anyone on the List actually (as in personally) installed either a
Novus, Towery or other kit to adapt the 280Z 5 speed to a 5 main MGB engine?

I still have some remaining questions about the transmission mount
adaptations.

TIA!
Cheers,
Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components
Paradise, CA   USA         Toll-Free  1.888.790.3488