Boys it's noisy in here

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Boys it's noisy in here
From: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 07:52:23 -0300
I am preparing the GT for it's first road trip under my car to the British
Car Day on PEI on July 17.  One of my preparations was having my wife go for
a drive in the car yesterday for the first time this year.  Her main comment
was about how noisy it is.  I don't have O/D and the rubber seals around the
doors don't fit like they did in 1973 but is there any strategic areas in
the car that could use and extra layer of insulation? I know O/D would help
and GTs are noisier than roadsters and honestly the noise doesn't bother me
but what about a layer of insulation under the carpet on the floor or
against the fire wall?  Does the insulation on the bonnet help?  I could
install a radio and just turn it up loud or use ear plugs :-)

Thank in advance of any advice.

Mark Jones
73 MGB GT