MGA OD

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA OD
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:11:49 EDT
<<Is it feasible or has anyone adapted an overdrive unit to an MGA?>>

Yes, it can be done - I understand that some people even race with them ;-)
The problem is that the OD unit is wider than the regular tail housing, and
the bulge in the tunnel (you'd need to modify that area) coincides with the
handbrake area, so some more than trivial re-engineering is necessary if you
want both an OD and a hand brake.

They made a very few 5 speed gearboxes in the MGA case - if you ever hear of
one, let me know (before you tell the rest of these guys, of course).

Bill S.
Vancouver