Re: Dizzy springs, MG sightings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dizzy springs, MG sightings
From: "A D" <mooshupork7@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 13:50:41 PDT
Bill,

I went through a box of MGA distributors (DM2P4) a few months that someone
was selling.  I picked up a spare dizzy and some extra springs, weights, and
toggles, because these are not longer available.  Going through these parts,
I did not see any sets of springs where  one spring differed from another,
i.e., they all appeared to be the same.  As the distributor wears out, I
know I have seen the holes in the centrifugal weights wear eliptically and
need to be replaced.

My friend who is restoring a TR3 has an identical distributor, but weight
springs for that application differ from the MGA springs.

Art D.