RE: Clutch gone. (?) and other threads (Long)

To: lundgren@iname.com
Subject: RE: Clutch gone. (?) and other threads (Long)
From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:38:49 +1000
Clutch...,

     Can simpathise with you there Andrew,  I pulled into my carpark at work on
friday, put the clutch in, and it sounded someone had thrown a bucket of bolts
into the clutch, as soon as my foot came off the noise stopped.

     As mine is my daily drive I havn't the time to pull the motor and replace
myself, so managed to get home, and the travel to my Spanner Man, by only using
the clutch to move off from a dead start. (Thank god I learnt to drive a Vintage
car, with Non-Syncro box).  Spanner man argeed with my diagnosis,  Stuffed
througout bearing.  I'm awaiting his costing to replace.  Ouch

     My question is, which is better roller bearing or standard carbon??  I've
heard conflicting reports

Larry...

     Can sympathise with you there, (Twice in 12 months, both the other guys
fault.).  But there is a bright side, your ok. the car is metal you can buy
spare parts for it.  You cant do that for your body...  Good luck with the
repairs.

How Many Cars

Between my father and I, we have been told that we have too many cars, but as
apposed to you guys were pretty lame.  so heres the list

64 MGB (My daily Drive)
94 Subaru (Her daily Drive)
90 Mazda Van (His bussiness Truck)
28 Graham Paige Tourer (The mistress, almost time for the second restoration)
29 graham Paige Sedan (The next project)
28 Graham Paige Roadster (The one after that)
Aprox (5) 28 Graham Paige parts cars all dismantled
1/2 of a 78 Mazda 121 (anybody want to buy the bits)

I have no garage, but dad has 9 car garage, 3/4 of a double garage as a
workshop, and a sigle car garage as a storage shed and the mazda stays on the
drive as he cant fit it in the garage

Neil
Melbourne, Australia