ZS carb, accel cable

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ZS carb, accel cable
From: Scott/Michelle <mcjsr@talstar.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:36:47 -0400
OK MG Gurus,
Imagine a 75B, ZS carb..........
 When I recieved this car the carb was in a sad state, the accel cable wasnt
attached to the carb, and now I have begun the refit of a new cable, afetr a
full carb pull and re-build. I thought that the cable should attach at the
nearest end, next to the bracket that attaches to the motor. But there is
too much play there, and the pedal wont properly pull the cable, thus
turning the bracket is impossible. My question is this. WHERE DOES THIS
CONFOUNDED CABLE ATTACH TO THE CARB?  I know that there are two springs that
attach to the side of the air cleaner, and to the carb bracket, should the
cable attach to this same point???? (as it is not quite long enough to
attach there, but too long to attach to the other side). I fear I may have
the wrong cable as awell, but wanted to send this note out before
re-ordering. I got the cable from a local parts store, so who knows what I
actually got?...<LOL>
 I have a ferrel in stead of a pin on the motor side of the bracket, so that
is my first indication that I may have a mismatched part. I wish I had a
diagram to go by, but my haynes and VB and moss stuff dont show this in any
clear way!
TIA

Scott
75 MGB, wanting to drive in the summer sun
94 Wrangler, wanting to be left at home for once!