Re: WTD - MG (fwd)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WTD - MG (fwd)
From: "Kristian Chronister" <kristian@chronister.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:10:53 -0400
LOL.  I wasn't going to respond to this either, but... I'll also stand by
that offer --  especially for A's. I'll also take any big Healeys in solid
roadworthy condition for as much as $1,750!!

Seriously, though, having been looking for an MGA lately, there are a lot of
folks out there with a woefully inflated view of what their rustbuck... I
mean "all original" car is worth. Not to mention the folks with the "A"
quality cars that are actually "C" or less... I saw $15,000 MGA's that had
bent frames, extensive rust, etc. being passed off as "show quality."

A little bit OT, but not much: I have a neighbor with a 1983 Porsche 944
with 30,000 original miles. Problem is it hasn't been started in 10 years
and has been sitting in a damp garage with the kids toys thrown on it. It's
a sweet car for someone that wants to rebuild the dried out old engine and
replace all the rusty panels, but not worth the $15,000 he thinks it is. I
laugh whenever he gets someone over to look at it and brags that it "hasn't
been started in 10 years -- it's a cream puff." LOL

This fellow below may truly not have a clue what he's going to have to spend
to get a "good, roadworthy" mg, but there ARE those on the other extreme who
just know their baby is worth a fortune...not.