Wire Wheel to Bolt-on Conversion

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Wheel to Bolt-on Conversion
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:05:45 -0700
Hello,

I'm thinking of proceeding with the wire wheel to bolt-on conversion with
my 1966 MGB pretty soon, but there are some issues I'm still a bit
unsure about:

1. Which bolt-on axle should I get, the banjo or salisbury? Does it matter?
2. Will I need to change my prop shaft?

Currently I have a black-label 4sync OD transmission and the wire wheel
banjo axle.

Other than the handbrake cable, is there anything else to look out for?

I think I'm going to order 4 14x5.5 panasports from Kspeed and get a
half size spare from a Datsun for the boot. I'll miss the wires,
even though they were a pain in the rear.

Thanks, Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375