MGA won't start

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA won't start
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:40:02 -0400 (EDT)
My neighbors MGA all of a sudden won't start. Thinking this would be an
easy fix I jumped right in but found a strange problem. No spark is
coming from the coil yet the coil is getting 11.5 volts. I know it should
be higher but there still should be a spark. Thinking that the coil wire
might be bad I stuck a screw driver into the tower and used a jumper wire
but still no spark. I then put another coil on and tried everything again
but still no spark. So, two coils both getting power to the - side(car is
still positive ground) but no spark from the coil wire or from a screw
driver stuck in. Any suggestions??
...Art