Re: Reproduction Fenders from Moss

To: Don Hicks and Family <hicks@mohawk.net>
Subject: Re: Reproduction Fenders from Moss
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 19:08:54 -0500
Don Hicks and Family wrote:

> Hello Listers.
>
> Did some prep work on one of the BGT fender this am. Looks like it might
> be easier to replace rather than patch some of the rust spots. I see
> Moss offers Original Equipment and Reproduction versions of fenders. The
> reproduction is about 1/2 the price. Has anyone used one of these and if
> so what how did it compare to the original? Any problems with this
> route?
>
> TIA.
>
> Don Hicks
> 70 MGB GT - "Morris"
> 74 Midget -

    It has been my experience that either (or both!) will require some
fitting.  The OEM type are usually lots closer to fitting than the
reproduction ones.  If you are not in the mood to "play" w/ fitting the
fender, then opt for the OEM-less fiddling.  Keep in mind that the black
primer stuff is terrible for paint adhesion so you will need to go to clean
metal and start over.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO