Radio Bulb

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio Bulb
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 22:35:37 -0700
Hello all, here's an isoteric one for you.

I just finished a disassemble and cleaning of the radio unit from my 'B, an
AM radio with 'British Motor Corporation' on it and no other names inside or
out.  Glad to report its working just like new now, except for one thing;
there is a small light bulb inside that illuminates the face and I am having
trouble finding a replacement.  The bulb base is 9mm long and 5mm diameter,
the glass is circular and 6mm diameter. The base has '12V 1.5W' written on it.
Does anyone know of a source for a replacement bulb, and if so, where and
what P/N?  I have had no luck at Radio Shack, hopefully this week I can
get to some smaller electronics suppliers and see what they've got.

It will look very sharp at night with the radio lit up.  I've also
pulled and restored the fresh air vent since there was a nice gaping
hole in the dash where the radio used to be, and I'm going to do a
proper rewire on some very dodgy DPO wiring job on the headlamp switch.

Thanks, Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375