Re: Miata (& MG) Stuff

To: eric@erickson.on.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata (& MG) Stuff
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:28:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/18/99 10:44:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
eric@erickson.on.net writes:

> "father of the Miata" is a
>  guy named Bob Hall who (apart from looking like Father Christmas without
>  the beard

One of my few claims to fame is that I knew both Bob and his twin brother Jim
back when they were in high school.  Both Bob and Jim were car nuts from the
word go.  Jim worked for several years (at least) writing at Motor Trend.
Jim also had at one time a more than passing resemblance to Elton John.
Which meant that when EJ came to LA Jim would borrow a Mercedes from the
Motor Trend lot and cruise the Sunset Strip and drive the girls nuts.
The other car that Bob used to admire is the Lotus Elan and if you look at
the design of the Miata you will see some Lotus influnce there.
It's been too many years since I have spoken to either of the Hall brothers,
some day I'll catch up with them.
Rick Ewald