Re: Two B questions-somoene's gotta know this

To: davhill@cwcom.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Two B questions-somoene's gotta know this
From: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:55:57 EDT
Dave,
Off the top of my head, the minumum thickness for the rotor is about .3".  In
other words, you can usually turn them once, if you're lucky.  Thank goodness
they are cheap!

On the front muffler, the 72 should have had a round front muffler, about 3
1/2" or so, about the size you describe.  I think they were original glass
packed, but that does seem to blow itself out after awhile.  The replacment
mufflers will all have slip joint connections just like the factory, and you
can weld them in or clamp them.  For the cost, I always just replace the
entire system at once and be done with it.  It is just too much trouble
getting the old rusty connections apart!

Good Luck!

Eric Swanger
USA