RE: CHANGING VALVE SPRING IN SITU

To: bill <pplusb@northlink.com>, walter menge <walter.menge@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: CHANGING VALVE SPRING IN SITU
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:25:41 -0600
Stuff the cylinder full of rope (make sure you leave the end of the rope
hanging out of the spark plug hole), turn the engine so the rope holds the
valve in place.  Use one of those spring compressors that hooks onto the
spring (the big C clamp type won't work in this application).

Good luck.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1970 MGB Daily Driver ~ 1967 MGB Vintage Racer ~ 1969 MGB Undergoing V8
conversion
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/