Re: Gearbox

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gearbox
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:40:35 -0700
Early cars had a dipstick in the filler hole, which was on the tunnel
under the dash. Later cars have the filler plug in the side of the
transmission, and yes, you are supposed to fill it until it overflows.

FWIW my transmission seems to weep a small amount of oil, just enough to
keep the bottom shiny. Not really sure where it comes from, and it
doesn't have much effect on the level.

Stephen J Piepenbrink had this to say:

--

Max Heim