Re: Relay questions

To: spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Relay questions
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:25:41 EDT
I don't have a wiring diagram in front of me but the numbers refer to DIN
standards.
15/30 is the hot for the load terminal 30 would be hot off battery, 15 is
switched by ignition switch.
86 is one side of the relay coil (control) usually connected to power
85 is the other side of the relay coil usually grounded.
87 is the output to the load.
So it works like this, 86 gets power and 85 is grounded.  This causes the
relay to close.
Power is transmitted from 30/15 out to 87 which is connected to the load.
When either the power to 86 or the ground to 85 is interrupted (turning off
the switch) the relay opens and the path between 30/15 and 87 is broken.
Hope this helps
Rick Ewald