BMIHT Magazine

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>,
Subject: BMIHT Magazine
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:07:40 +0100
Friends

In the not too distant future, The Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon is
planning to launch a magazine which will probably be called 'TRADITION.'
I've been the hapless soul chosen to be its Editor (quite looking forward to
it really) and it will concentrate on ALL makes presently at Gaydon, without
fear or favour. As I have a great and equal affection for big Healeys, MG's
and Triumphs, there shouldn't be any make bias. The objective is to report
on all LBC's pre and post war and to cover every possible topic within
Gaydon's scope, which is pretty extensive - including gentle road tests of
cars in the collection.
The plan is to solicit orders from UK and overseas readers and to send out
bi-monthly editions which will probably be somewhere between 50 and 60 pages
in total with a colour cover and content pages in mono. I'm assuming there
is a potentially very large audience outside the UK and this could be
stymied by the exhorbitant postal rates for overseas mail - even if it is
printed matter.
I'd appreciate input from all of you and off-list please about the sort of
content you'd like to see and what you feel is a reasonable annual
subscription rate to include mail. Use your own currency by all means - but
tell me what it is. As a guideline, to get one mag to a reader in the US or
Aust/NZ will probably cost about GBP 3.50 (US$5.25). It may be possible to
reduce this cost a bit by offsetting advertising revenue but I doubt this
offset will be excessive. You responses awaited with interest.
By all means circulate this post to other lists you may subscribe to within
the following makes - Austin, Austin Healey, Land Rover, MG, Morris, Riley,
Rover, Standard, Triumph, Vanden Plas and Wolseley. I need replies from all
enthusiasts.
I have no personal financial interest in this venture, other than the fact
that it is an increase in responsibility in my job.

John Mac

Book 1: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
Book 2: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus