Re: grease remover

To: mgs@autox.team.net, calehuff@csrlink.net
Subject: Re: grease remover
From: Craig Perry <cperry@fw.waterpik.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:11:21 -0600
Dennis,
I cleaned up my tranny just a couple of months ago. After it was out of the
car, I scraped off as much junk as I could using a small putty knife. After I
scraped off as much as I could, I sprayed the tranny liberally  with 'GUNK'
type engine degreaser, till it was dripping all over the papers and cardboard
it was sitting on. Then I loaded it up in my buddies pick up, went down to the
car wash, and set the tranny down, and sprayed away. Worked great!. The engine
was fairly clean, so I didn't do that. The front suspension I scraped real
well, sprayed the 'GUNK' stuff all over it, and wiped off as best I could.
Could have pushed the car out of the garage and sprayed the suspension off, but
would have a big mess in the driveway!
Good Luck!
Craig
'69 B

>>> Dennis Calehuff <calehuff@csrlink.net> 07/24 6:45 PM >>>
The engine is out of my 71 b, now to clean the trans, engine and
steering & suspension,  the dirt/grease is caked on (real thick in
places). I don't have a 'steam jenny', do any of you have any
suggestions for what I can put on these areas and start to loosen the
stuff, then I can go to the spray wash machine.
Thank you as always,   Denny