brake hose replaced, Thanks!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake hose replaced, Thanks!
From: Craig Perry <cperry@fw.waterpik.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:56:23 -0600
Fellow listers,
Just wanted to thank everybody for their help and suggestions for replacing the
rear brake hose!
I did get the hose replaced, with only a minor problem. The nut on the end of
the brake line coming from the front of the car was frozen to the line. Every
time I turned the nut to loosen it from the hose, the metal brake line was
being twisted. I sprayed WD 40 all over it to no avail. I finally, very
reluctantly, decided to use vice grips on the metal line to hold it so I could
torque the nut against it to break it free. Started off with very easy pressure
on the vice grips, and increased ever so slightly so as not to kink the line.
The nut finally freed itself, and the rest was a piece of cake. Today I finally
got to drive the car to work again,  after a week's worth of withdrawal pains!!

Thanks again all!
Craig
69 B