Re: Seats

To: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Subject: Re: Seats
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:55:12 EDT
jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no writes:

> My seat has a diaphragm, not a webbing under. I of course got a webbing. ( I
>  am sure I ordered diaphragm.) The diaphragm is wery worn, so I drilled
holes
>  in the seat frame, to install hooks and some bands of the webb, to get a
>  stiffer bottom.  As I feared, with new foam, and better ruber:-) , the seat
>  is a lot higher, and my head touches the ceiling when I sit in the
passenger
>  seat. But the comfort is much better !

Jon:

I did my seats a while ago and had the same problem with the height. That may
be ok for the passenger, but I was too high to drive! The steering wheel was
crammed into my legs and I'm only 5 foot 8. In order to get the seat back
down, I reused my old seat foam. But, the poor old 30 year old foam is slowly
turning to crumbs. I think the thing to do is cut down a new seat foam. Also,
forget the diaphragm! The new diaphrams look just like the old ones but they
will not stretch! Go with the webbing.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336