Re: Racing Wheels

To: dos_gusanos@email.msn.com, mowogmg@pil.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing Wheels
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:04:56 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/99 8:37:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dos_gusanos@email.msn.com writes:

<<  I also find the statement that Factory
 TR4's used Minilites in their rally efforts in the sixties a bit bold
 because the fact is that they used wire wheels exclusively and I callenge
 you to find a period photo of a rally car with them on. >>

Triumph sold not Minilites, but American Racing mags as factory options on
TR4s. I can dig up the part number if you want.
That doesn't mean that the factory used them - I believe that they were
pretty much an American option, and that the previous poster is correct -
they did use wires on the factory cars, but then they could throw them away
(and in fact they disposed of the cars themselves, every year or two).

Bill Spohn
(the magnesium wheels that I have on my TVR race car are TR factory bits)