Re: Dremel Wheel

To: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Subject: Re: Dremel Wheel
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:32:40
At 10:09 PM 7/27/99 +0100, David Hill wrote:

>I got a Dremel tool ....
>I got some of the very thin cut-off wheels with the tool but they're
feeble things which snap as easily as a dry biscuit ....

I've had very good luck by putting two of the thin cut-off wheels on the
mandrel at the same time, very much stronger that way and they hardly ever
break.  If you need a thin kerf, then use just one wwheel and take it very
easy with the cutting force.  The edge of the wheel is so small that a
little force makes for a lot of pressure on the grinding edge.  More force
doesn't cut any faster, just breaks the wheel.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg