Re: Spares

To: Dennis Calehuff <calehuff@csrlink.net>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spares
From: "Terry O'Brien" <mgrepairs@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:24:16 -0700 (PDT)

> How about a parts wharehouse, is Moss the main one??
> Thanks for any answers, you'll probably be hearing a
> lot from me as the
> time passes, especially with the 71, (a multi year
> project for me)!!  PS
> I've taken lots of pictures as I taken everything
> apart so far.

 Like so many subjects on this list, opinions will vary widely (I guess
that's one reason I enjoy it so much), but for what its worth here's my
$.02:

-yes, Moss is the main one and their catalogs and part numbers are used
as the standard by many.  For those that have not seen it lately, the
catalog now incorporates prices on the same page as the illustration
which greatly enhances its convience.

-Although I have seen them put down by others, I like Victoria British.
 This may be because I don't usually rely on a parts guy to tell me
what I need.

-Maybe I am easy to please, but I have not had a bad experience with
any of the many suppliers we are so lucky to have out there.  I get
sales flyiers from several, and buy on price/quality.

-As i have seen posted by others, don't overlook your local major
discount parts stores.  Again, just my opinion based on my person
experiences here, but Pep Boys has special order parts for me on a
Saturday that come in on Tuesday, sans freight charges, and guarantee
them for as long as I own the car.  And yes, they have included parts
with the name Lucas on them.

-Finally, I suggest you look into the discount programs offered by the
major supplies when you are looking at a total restoration project.

Good luck with the project.

===
Terry O'Brien, RDU/NC/USA
-'77 MG B (daily driver)