Checking In

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Checking In
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:28:07 -0500 (CDT)
Just stopped back for a brief visit and see that things are relatively the same
ie: Steve Krane
mess'n with stuff he ought not to be and Bud looking to get himself in a bit of
trouble as well.
Been going hog wild on the Bs. Adam's 72 is on the road with 150 or so miles on
it's fresh
drivetran, my BGT got it's self a newly rebuilt front end and my 75B received a
new head gasket
and a fresh pair of S.U.s just yesterday. Out to Pender's Invitational Spurious
Shindig (PISS)
today. Had a blast seeing Robson, Stuart, Brown and Fox from the list and a
bunch of others.
There were 5 V8 powered Bs, one V6 propelled and a real nice 4 banger w/ cross
flow head deal on
it.I was one of only 3 having a some what stock B powerplant but that's the way
it is at Ian's,
the unusual is the norm. Hope Mike R. made it home in his Riley from the last I
saw of him at
the Tappan Zee Bridge. He had sprung a fairly profuse leak from his water pump
just out of
Pender's home. Bar's stop leak worked out quite well for him, at least until
the last time I saw
him in the rear view.

I'll be tending to a few of the smaller details on the bs, like getting Adam's
O/D wired,
getting 75 inspected (although I'm guessing the head gasket was the cause of
emission test
failure)  and bumpers on the GT. Off to Maine on the 14th and 15th of August
and then I'll be
back to get the 76 B road worthie (10 years off the road for this one).

Well it's getting later than I should be awake as I got a shift in the tow
trucks start 8 A.M.
in the morning. Hope you're all enjoying the summer (for the Northern Hemishere
listers)as much
as I am.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch