1/ Precisely where to drill sills etc. when waxoyling ? 2/ Poppin g

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1/ Precisely where to drill sills etc. when waxoyling ? 2/ Poppin g
From: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:39:09 +0200
Good Morning MG World,

Last night I finally got my hands on the 1971 LHD US B which I purchased some 4
months ago (a long story).

My questions are:

1/ Precisely where should the sills and other areas be drilled for injecting
waxoyl ? Does someone have a list of all of these points ?  Where are all of
the drain holes which are not supposed to be blocked ?  I've seen Porter's book
but having never done anything like this before I would like to see more detail.

My instinct would have been just to force large amounts of waxoyl/oil  into the
box sections and then seal them up.

Also,  what is the best compressor-driven tool available for applying waxoyl
and where can it be purchased in the UK ?

2/ The car runs roughly and makes a popping noise when revved.  I'm going to
check the fuel and ignition but I wonder if the problem is perhaps the  gulp
valve.  Any ideas ?

(I expect to rebuild the carbs and detox the engine quite soon.
I think that the exhaust may well be leaking although the vehicle has just
passed its MOT.)

Thanks

Louis Mehr
Manchester
England

PS a word of advice to anyone in England buying a US unregistered car.
Make sure that the customs and excise form C&E386 is with the car when you take
delivery !